The Play
 Props for the play
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Glen

1 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2005 :  22:40:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know where to get period props for this play...things like the zepplin, boxes, red ryder gun, etc.

tonguestuck

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2005 :  05:00:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you'd be surprised how these things turn up when you need them...i once needed a live monkey for a play-that week, what did i see but a woman walking down the street with a monkey!
helpful hint for all future play producers: never do a show requiring live monkeys...
Go to Top of Page

TESmith

10 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  18:00:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's right, you never know where a prop will be found. A couple of years ago my wife and I were in an antique shop in Kennebunk, Maine. She and I and the shop owner were the only ones in the store. I looked down at a table and saw the word "Flit". Under the pile of miscellaneous items was the holy grail. I picked up the Flit gun and my wife saw it from across the store. She let out a gasp and quickly stifled it so as to not alert the shop keeper to our desire for the item. I casually approached the counter and asked the price. The shop keeper said $8.00. I offered $5.00 and it was accepted. I promptly laid the five spot on the counter and we made our exit feeling like we had just robbed a bank.

We have used it in the play ever since and for the little kids in the audience, it makes the performance all the more real.
Go to Top of Page

denver8

Romania
2 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2006 :  09:55:14  Show Profile  Visit denver8's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Came across this site.With a little craftsmanship modifications this might be a useful prop for the play.Or anyone at all interested in a memorabilia of the movie.
[url]http://petewpfong.typepad.com/uniquexmas4me/[/url]
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Clara

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2009 :  01:53:54  Show Profile  Visit Aunt Clara's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The best place for Ralphie's Pink Bunny Pajamas is www.PinkBunnyPajamas.com
They are an exact and authentic replica of the original. Make sure to tell Aunt Clara that they're for the play and she'll take extra special care of you.

Give the gift of warmth, comfort and utter humiliation
Go to Top of Page

PGrecian

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2009 :  13:20:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check out the Daisy BB gun company for Red Ryder's rifle.
PinkBunnyPajamas.come does have the footie jammies, and Aunt Clara does good work, but if you have a costumer at your theatre, they're easy to build.
The zeppelin can likely be built over the top of other toys with friction motors. I've done similar things myself, and most theatres can do that, I think.
I'm willing to bet that folks here who have done the play before are a great resource.

And, of course, I'm always willing to offer whatever advice I can, if you think that would be useful.
Go to Top of Page

SantaPierrePJH

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  20:15:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Phillip,
We, Valley Center Community Theater,( www.vcct.com), just completed a weekend of four productions of 'A Christmas Story' .

I was lucky enough to be asked to play Santa and Pierre Andre for our stage production. Santa was live on-stage eight feet in the air on a scaffold mountain with slide, Pierre was stage left as remote radio announcer.
I also, made several props, old timey cathedral radio with button and internal light, wall crank phone that rings, tin/aluminum zeppelin, old time microphone , and my old 1959 sled and original Red Rider gun circa 1960. Pics are available if contacted.

Thanks for a great play !

Patrick

quote:
[i]Originally posted by PGrecian[/i]
[br]Check out the Daisy BB gun company for Red Ryder's rifle.
PinkBunnyPajamas.come does have the footie jammies, and Aunt Clara does good work, but if you have a costumer at your theatre, they're easy to build.
The zeppelin can likely be built over the top of other toys with friction motors. I've done similar things myself, and most theatres can do that, I think.
I'm willing to bet that folks here who have done the play before are a great resource.

And, of course, I'm always willing to offer whatever advice I can, if you think that would be useful.

santaman

Edited by - SantaPierrePJH on 12/10/2009 20:26:44
Go to Top of Page

PGrecian

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2009 :  11:00:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The pleasure's all mine, Patrick.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly