General Discussion
 Actors not recieivbe residuals from this movie
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

crash72

2 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2008 :  21:19:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm going to guess that most people already know this, or have read somewhere else in this forum about this subject.

I have tried to search for said topic but cant find anything so here goes:

I visited the Christmas Story house today and I met the delivery guy well as the female elf and I had to ask a particular question:

Why doesnt Peter Billingsley do any of the Anniversary conferences and make appearances?

I was told by the Female Elf that Warner brother's isnt paying them their residuals from 25 frickin years ago!!

So right there's your answer, Pete Billingsley refuses to have anything to do with the events because of how WB has handled it all. Nowadays he's a movie producer, but know quite well how this stuff is handled, and has cut ties with the events regarding this movie.

That is such a crappy thing! But then again, I'm sure that contracts were handled much differently back then than they are these days. She said first they have to get Bob Clarks estate dealt with, then the rest of the will get into it with WB.

Such a sad thing, to know that their only real compensation for doing this movie is people buying an autographed picture from them, and a few other items. They deserve MUCH more and most of the stuff we buy in thre gift shop, goes straight to Waner Brothers.

sleepyhollow77

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2008 :  13:10:01  Show Profile  Send sleepyhollow77 an AOL message  Reply with Quote

Edited by - sleepyhollow77 on 12/14/2008 13:16:12
Go to Top of Page

oldschoolpaulie

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2008 :  23:24:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know I'm not imagining this... I saw an interview of Billingsly during one of the TV marathons years ago, and he said that at the time the movie was made, cable was in its infancy, and no one forsaw the cable market or the future popularity of the film, and hence, he never was signed for any residual benefits in his contract.

"SONSABI*@HES!!!BUMPASSES!!!!!!!"
Go to Top of Page

decodence

109 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2008 :  19:20:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mr. Billingsley not attending the 25th convention was a MAJOR let down to me. I'm sure he's really busy with his new big $ career of being a $100M+ movie producer, but damn, a big part of the convention was a tribute to Bob Clark, and for him not to show was in SERIOUS bad taste IMHO. Also RD Robb didn't show. His wife has some big career which takes her all over the world, and he's doing well in the movie industry also on the other side of the camera, but I still think they should have shown. Zack Ward was just in Transformers, and he was a likeable as could be, and made TIME for his fans, and treated them very cordially. At any rate, his beef with WB isn't any excuse to turn his back on his fans.
Go to Top of Page

pcofmisfittoys

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2008 :  12:57:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All of them are has-beens for the most part and when you can catch them they will sign through the mail. They all signed contracts and I'm sure it was in there about the money.
I am missing a few of their autographs but I'm also not going to pay scalpers prices to get them from the House .
Go to Top of Page

oldschoolpaulie

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2008 :  14:16:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All of them are "has-beens?"
Peter Billingsly is still working, most recently in Iron Man and Four Christmases. I would hardly have called the Late Darren McGavin a has-been before he passed.

Edited by - oldschoolpaulie on 12/22/2008 14:16:50
Go to Top of Page

sleepyhollow77

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2008 :  14:05:40  Show Profile  Send sleepyhollow77 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Do they really charge $20 a pop for an autograph? I dont think I would pay that for anyones autograph. But, I guess if the demands there and people are willing to pay the price charge what you can. Here in Pittsburgh I heard that Ben Roethlisberger wouldnt sign for a rent a car and told the salesman "Do you know what I charge for an autograph"
Go to Top of Page

oldschoolpaulie

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2008 :  14:25:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who the heck is Ben Roethlisberger?

Go to Top of Page

sleepyhollow77

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2008 :  14:56:43  Show Profile  Send sleepyhollow77 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Quarterback for the Steeler
Go to Top of Page

decodence

109 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2008 :  19:27:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by sleepyhollow77[/i]
[br]Do they really charge $20 a pop for an autograph? I dont think I would pay that for anyones autograph.

They wanted $10/autograph, but $40 if it was on a BB gun at the convention. I got all but two of the bb-gun signatures for $10 though as I only brought the wood grips.
Go to Top of Page

pcofmisfittoys

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2008 :  16:47:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darrin McGavin was famous long before ACS . All the rest haven't done much to speah of. Sure peter has done a few movies but as far as acting nothing worth going to see...ELF ? ..no.. Melinda Dillion is prety much retired..Tedde Moore is more a canadian person and author than in the spotlight.
20.00/10.00 is standard for autographing at conventions . Many times if you go through the mail you can also get them for free or for their fee. Sports figures are different all together.
I would pay 10.00 each for them , if didn't already have most. But I've collected autographs for 25 years too.
I would rather get the Dept 56 houses signed on the roof or something rather than a leg lamp or something . Of course I like trying to get the background people along with the original cast and crew.
I did send Robert Taunbaum on his original ACS poster due to him doing the original art. I sent him a couple and he signed them for free. I have Jean's autograph for many years and Bob Clark signed one of my original scripts I purchased years ago as well.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
A Christmas Story © 2000-2010 Jim Clavin v3.4.07 Go To Top Of Page