A Christmas Story
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 The Movie
 Collectables
 Special Edition Red Ryder BB gun With a compass ??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Icantgetup

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2007 :  18:44:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone know about the special edition bb gun? when will they be available? price? anything?

Daisy Outdoor Products is offering a special incentive for children 10 and older who enter the character look-alike contest dressed as Ralphie Parker. The makers of the Daisy Red Ryder BB Gun, based in Rogers, Arkansas will choose one winner from the top five “Ralphies” to appear on the packaging of a special edition BB gun, with “a compass in the stock and this thing which tells time” in honor of the “A Christmas Dream” Red Ryder BB gun which was produced in 1983 and used in the movie. Along with the prestige of posing as Ralphie, the winner will receive $100, their very own Red Ryder Range Model Air Rifle and a Leg Lamp. Daisy officials anticipate choosing the winner by early January and conducting the photo shoot in Cleveland in February or March.

melissa95082

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2007 :  19:30:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From what I read on it, it looks like it will be available next season since they are taking the picture of the winner of the look a like contest and putting it on the new box.
Go to Top of Page

Icantgetup

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2008 :  17:36:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone, get em while u can, I am sure with only 1500 being made they won't last long, I ordered 3 today!

25th Anniversary, A Christmas Dream
Limited Edition, 1500 Pieces

Hard to believe it's been 25 years since Daisy first made the Red Ryder the way Ralphie asked for it: " With a compass in the stock and that thing which tells time". If' you're looking for the ultimate Christmas gift, for yourself or someone else, look no further.

Packaged in a retro Red Ryder box with a custom sticker and certificate of authenticity, all of the graphics are engraved. A compas, marked "Daisy", with a bruched silver-tone metal rim, is recessed next to the engraved sundial.

On the right side of the stock, the Red Ryder logo includes the Fred Harman signature, like the early models. The forearm is marked with the edition number, from 0001 of 1500 to 1500 of 1500. The leather thong is longer than standard issue and is knotted at the bottom.

This 25th Anniversary limited edition won't last long. Order now for Christmas. $79.95

Item 25th Christmas (Shipping: 5 lbs.) Price $79.95

"I can't put my arms down" "He knows...he alllllways knows" I was there...06 christmas story house opening!will be in Cleveland for the 25th....
Go to Top of Page

melissa95082

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2008 :  18:47:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What website did you find the BB gun at?
Go to Top of Page

Icantgetup

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2008 :  19:37:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://daisymuseum.com/index.htm

daisy museum, under giftshop then commemorative according to the email i recieved from daisy it the only place they will be available, but I bet there will be some showing up on the 2ndary market at huge mark ups.....

"I can't put my arms down" "He knows...he alllllways knows" I was there...06 christmas story house opening!will be in Cleveland for the 25th....
Go to Top of Page

billipsimo

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2008 :  08:52:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is great news! Thanks for the post!
Go to Top of Page

wes000

USA
146 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2008 :  20:33:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Off to order one now. thanks, I have been waiting for this! :)
Go to Top of Page

ilikethetinman

USA
130 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2008 :  23:27:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wes..
order it quick, they're almost gone! i ordered mine couple weeks ago, the serial number was in the mid 500s...already!
Go to Top of Page

Icantgetup

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2008 :  10:54:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine were delivered yesterday, they are very nice. made well...with a compass in the stock and a thing that tells time!Did everyone order theirs anyone else get it yet????

Go to Top of Page

wes000

USA
146 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2008 :  14:11:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just ordered mine over the phone from the Daisy Museum. I also order the commemorative case. I ordered over the phone because I had a question regarding their affidavit. I filled it out and emailed it to them in a MS Word format along with an attached copy of my license.

The gentleman I spoke to said they had them in stock so I hope I get it.

ilikethetinman you made me nervous, haha.
Go to Top of Page

ilikethetinman

USA
130 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2008 :  20:58:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the case too! hey,good idea!
didn't mean to make you edgy but you know when they're gone...they're gone...no sense waiting til the last minute..which could be ..any time :}

happy shooting!
Go to Top of Page

wes000

USA
146 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2008 :  17:17:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I finally received my gun and case today. They really do need to ship things better. My case had a little piece of wood break off in the corner (the piece was in the box) so I can glue it on. But the case is just in a cardboard box, no padding or foam whatsoever. This is my second case that I have bought over time and I can't remember if the 1st one was shipped as poorly.

The gun is cool. That too moves in the box. The metal clip that is sits halfway on the gun was at the end of the barrel so I slid it up to it's correct spot and I scratched it just a little .

Once I get so glue to reattach the corner piece I will put it up on display next to my autographed rr bbgun. I'll post pics.

Oh yah my gun is numbered 104 out of 1500.
Go to Top of Page

ilikethetinman

USA
130 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2008 :  21:06:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Wes,

that's a nice low number, I wonder how they're sending these out, mine was in the 500s and I've had it for about 3 weeks, no problems.
You should send off an EM to them or give them a call, they seemed friendly enough , i bet they'd at least send you a new box ...as to the gun, they'd likely do the same.
Go to Top of Page

decodence

109 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2008 :  23:23:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I sure hope my order made it a few days back. Ordered 2. Should be interesting to compare it to my 1983 Christmas Dream. If I could find a 2003 Christmas Dream, I'd have all 3 variants (if my order made it that is).

Yay, shipped on the 29th. Need to build a display case for my 83 and one of these 08 models.

Edited by - decodence on 10/31/2008 10:33:57
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
A Christmas Story © 2000-2010 Jim Clavin v3.4.07 Go To Top Of Page